Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A pie..full of coconut and pineapple!



"Dang Good Pie"


When I stumbled upon this index card titled "Dang Good Pie" I HAD to make it! And, I must say the title of this recipe fits the pie perfect! The pie is full of coconut, crushed pineapple, sugar, butter and you could definitely add some pecans. I baked this pie for our church's Lenten worship supper and it was gone in minutes because of recommendations on on how good it was. 


The Recipe



Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup of pineapple with juice (I used crushed)
3 eggs
3 Tbs. flour
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup coconut
1tsp. vanilla extract
dash of salt 
  


Beat 3 eggs on low speed, add sugar and pineapple, mix until well blended. Add flour, melted butter, coconut, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined. Pour into a 9in. pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. 

If you end up with extra pie filling add 1 1/2 cups of baking mix (like Bisquick) to filling and pour into a 9in. square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. This will make a nice "Dang Good" cake. Top with your favoriate icing. I used 2 Cups of sifted powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of melted butter and 4 Tbs. of crushed pineapple for a glaze. Pour glaze over warm cake.


 

"Dang Good" Cake Bites 

 




 




1 comment:

  1. I remember Mother making this and how I did not like it because it had pineapple and coconut in it. LOL

    ReplyDelete