Thursday, May 30, 2013

Patriotic Goodies

4th of July/Memorial Day


We were invited to a BBQ for Memorial Day. I thought it would be nice to bring some sweet treats that are easy to grab! My mom had sent me a recipe with Kraft Carmel Baking Chips Click here if you would like to see a photo of them. I did not know the carmel baking bits existed until she sent me a recipe from Midwest living for Salty Pecan Oatmeal Carmel Cookies (click for recipe).
These cookies are amazing! The oatmeal with the pecans and carmel throughout every bite brings SO much flavor to your mouth! 
I added  2 Tbs. of Milk to the frosting recipe. Also, I recommend melting the butter for the frosting like the reviews suggest. 
The brownies turned out great! The reviews were right! They are super moist. Not cake like. Not Fudge like. The added frosting makes them melt in your mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment